- Safety first, wear a helmet!
- Shuttle service is available. Sign up through Bikereg.com
- Cell phone service is good to fair throughout all four course. If you have a medical emergency dial 911.
- Restrooms and Aid stations for courses on pavement: Aid stations are planned at overlooks (turnouts) with restrooms. They are Pinnacles Overlook (10 miles in), Fossil Trail Exhibit Parking (25 miles in), Ben Reifel Visitor Center (30 miles in) and Doors and Windows Overlook (32 miles in). For courses on gravel aid stations are self-serve coolers placed strategically along each course. Long course restrooms are at Cactus Flats, Ben Reifel Visitor Center, Cowboy Café and Fossil Trail Exhibit Parking. Short course restrooms is at Pinnacles Overlook.
- Aid stations will have water, sport drink and snacks.
- SAG support is provided by volunteers out on the course. SAG wagon is thought to be an acronym for “support and gear”. This is the welcome person and vehicle that rescues you, your bike and what gear you have on board when you can no longer ride due to fatigue, injury of you and/or your bike.
- The mission of Wheelin’ to Wall is to raise funds and awareness for safe paths to walk and ride in Wall, SD. Pedestrian infrastructure connects and weaves people together building a stronger community.
- Please thank our event sponsors and volunteers in person, email, mail, however you prefer. This event could take place without them.
- Smile and have fun!
Course Info Services
Black Hills Bicycles http://www.blackhillsbicycles.com/ (605) 716-4497 of Rapid City
Scheels All-Sport https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=076 (605) 342-9033 of Rapid City
Shuttle options are:
- Bring your favorite designated driver to meet you at the end of your ride.
- Leave your bike in Wall, then drive your vehicle to your endpoint to meet the Shuttle. Shuttle will bring you to Wall, the starting point. Sign up for shuttle service with your course selection on Bikereg.com. Shuttles are recommended for the driver only of the vehicle for Full Forty, Thirty Something and Triumphant Ten courses.
Don Howe and Bob Whay, Super SAG Support Technicians (SSST) and volunteers, will be on all event routes for sag support (flat tires, jumped chains, etc).
Frequently Asked Questions:
E Bikes are welcome on all courses.
Entrance fee to Badlands National Park is not needed as the event is held on National Public Lands Day, entrance fees are waived at all National Parks on this day.
Refunds are not given. You may transfer your entry to another person by contacting the event director.
Weather is always a surprise. We ride unless the roads are closed due to weather conditions.
Proceeds from you registration fee are used to improve walking and biking infrastructure in the City of Wall.
What is included in my registration fee? Swag bag, t-shirt, aid station drinks and snacks.